There are quite a few things you can do, but for the sake of simplicity, we will cover 4 specific things you can do –
1) Get indexed – Getting indexed is key. The more indexed pages the better your results will be. It means the more pages you have indexed in the search engines, the better your search results will be. However, getting indexed is a bit more complicated than just sit there and wait for a listing to come up. Some procedures will help improve your results faster, but overall, it will take more time to get indexed than the time it will take you to do the things listed below.
2) Keyword Research – While it may seem easy enough, it is an ongoing process that requires careful keyword research. Make sure you have carefully selected keywords that describe your product. It will mean the world to you if your site shows up for a popular keyword that nobody ever uses.
It will also mean the world to you if you show up for a non-profitable keyword. For those of you who don’t know what a profit keyword is, you need to focus on popular keywords. Profitable keywords are terms used by potential customers who are looking for your product.
3) Link Building – Link building involves getting relevant links from other websites. This is time-consuming as you can see. But it is essential if you want to be able to rank well in search engines. This is especially true if you have a new site and are going after a competitive keyword. The best way to get your site to be recognized by search engines is to have it linked to a popular site with lots of traffic. This may mean you will have to pay to link to a popular site.
4) Create new content – Content is king. A site without content is nothing. You have to be able to write articles that are relevant to your product. The most popular keyword for your product might be “how to turn off a washing machine”. You will have to create new content related to that keyword to rank well in searches.
You will also need to make new pages to make sure your content is fresh. New content means new pages. To get your content indexed, you will need to have the same title, description, and keywords on all pages. For some keywords, it might take 2 months to get your content indexed. It is not a quick process.
So to recap, the 4 steps in getting indexed in Google are:
1. Get indexed – This is the best place to start if you want to get indexed by Google. There are plenty of tools and software you can use to be able to get indexed. Some do take some time and skill to use. Others are pretty simple to use.
Click here for a free SEO tool that helps you get indexed in Google faster.
2. Make pages – You will need to create new content related to your product and keywords that you want to be able to rank well in Google. Your keywords will need to be unique on each page.
3. Optimize your site – Be sure your site is up to date. Be sure you have the proper meta tags and header tags on each page. Your content needs to be unique and fresh. Make sure you have the same title, description, and keywords on each page. If your keywords are different on every page, Google will index each page individually. Make sure your site is clean. Be sure you have the right robots and the correct robots meta tags. I would not worry about having the robot’s meta tag. It will not hurt your site.
4. Build links – This is the hardest part. Most of the time you need to build links manually. There are plenty of SEO tools you can use to build links. These tools will help you automate some of the tedious tasks. Some of these tools will actually help you build links faster.
There are plenty of tools and software you can use to be able to get indexed. Some do take some time and skill to use. Others are pretty simple to use. You can also use social sites like Digg to get links. When you join Digg, you are allowed to create your own site, and submit your link. Digg will also rank your site well if you have relevant content.
There are plenty of ways to make your site appear on the first page of Google for your keywords. This does not guarantee traffic. What it guarantees is that if Google finds your site is interesting, it will return a valuable result. Google will return backlinks to your site if it finds your site interesting.