Off-page SEO or the building of links is a method used by many website owners to promote their website by building links to it. Many successful internet marketers use this method to get more exposure in search engines like Google and Yahoo and hence, generate more traffic.
The theory behind the practice is simple: the more number of quality websites linking to your website, the more importance Google will give your website. Links to your site are like votes or approvals from other website owners indicating its importance.
How Off-page SEO works?
A large number of websites link to your website by sending out surveys to all website owners (which they do not charge for). When those websites receive your link, they add it to their pages. This can be done by putting your link on their site, placing it in a comment box or by emailing them directly.
Links from other websites and those that have higher value than your link will increase your own value in Google.
How Off-page SEO helps you to get better search engine rankings?
A large number of websites link to your website by sending out surveys to all website owners. In this method, the website owner who places your link on their site will ensure that your link is not placed on their site in a quick manner. If you do the same, your link will be blocked. Another way is by placing links in articles on their website and by placing links to your site within their blog or website.
Off-page SEO makes sure that your website gets linked from a variety of high authority websites, thus increasing your site’s popularity. It also makes sure that your site gets linked by many other high authority websites which is required to get higher ratings in Google. This will improve your rankings as such a number of links from such authority websites will increase the number of links that Google will give your site. This can increase your site’s rankings.
Some other useful website SEO tips are:
* In case you want to place links to your site elsewhere, provide a link to your site via the footer of all websites that you publish. This allows search engines to pick up your link from the articles or from other links that are present in the site. This is most effective when your site is linked to from websites that are content management websites.
* Make sure that your link is not placed at the wrong places. This may include incorrect title tags and wrong alt tags.
* Make sure that there are only two links in your website. If there are more, there is a higher chance that your link will be blocked.
A number of other website SEO tips include:
* The text that you use in your link should not be a duplicate of other text. For example, if your website has a link that says “See more of this writer’s articles,” then make sure that this link also says “See more of this writer’s articles.”
* If you want to provide links to other websites, make sure that they are relevant to your content and can provide useful information. Do not provide a link just for the sake of providing a link.
* The keywords that you use in the link should be appropriate for the content. You can change the keywords during your article creation process. Do not use keywords that are not relevant to your content. For example, if you have a link that says “Find ways to avoid pregnancy,” then make sure that the content of the page says “Find ways to avoid pregnancy.”
Create unique and relevant content. Not just content for your website, but content that is appropriate for the websites that it is going to. These articles need to have keywords that are appropriate for the type of websites that you want to be associated with. Keep in mind that the link needs to be relevant to your article. The content on your article needs to have relevancy. Not everyone searches for the same keywords. Therefore, you need to pick the keywords that will provide the best results for your website. These keywords will have better results if you add the keywords to your website content. However, do not use keywords that are not in your content.
* Avoid using the same keywords in different paragraphs. This is because if you do, there is a greater chance of your article being flagged as spam.
Use different keywords for each article. When you are writing your articles, keep in mind that you need to pick keywords that can be found in other articles in your website. But this does not mean that you do not use the keywords in your own content.
* Use keyphrases throughout your website. Although you do not need to use keyphrases as often as you use keywords, make sure that you do. Because you need to use keyphrases in the links on the main pages of your website. The main page of your website is the home page. This is the page that you want to be linked to as many times as possible. It also contains the footer links. For every page of your website, try and make sure that you make use of the keywords in the URL.
This will help you gain better rankings in the search engines. It will also help your website get better coverage in the Internet. Keep in mind that SEO is a gradual process. It is not a once and for all solution to website traffic issues. Therefore, it is important that you monitor your rankings and also, its performance. However, it is important that you start tracking your website traffic in order to track your progress.