When implementing the SEO techniques to your website there are several points to consider. There is a wide variety of techniques employed by the major search engines to improve your position with their robots. These different methods are white hat, grey hat and black hat techniques. White hat techniques are proven and acceptable to the major search engines, grey hat techniques can be applied but carry the risk of the major search engines banning your website.
White hat techniques fall into one of two categories, the first of these being what the major search engines would call “white hat” techniques and not considered black hat by the major search engines. This white hat techniques are those techniques that have been researched and are considered acceptable. These techniques include things such as good content, links, meta tags and websites that are themselves quality.
Grey hat techniques are considered black hat by the major search engines. These grey hat techniques are illegal and considered detrimental to the major search engines. Examples of this grey hat technique would be keyword stuffing and doorway pages.
Black hat techniques are considered harmful to the major search engines. Examples of this black hat technique would be redirects and keyword stuffing.
The main goal of search engine optimization is to improve your position in the search engine result pages and to enhance the quality of the visitor to your site. When undertaking the SEO process it is imperative to determine which strategies are acceptable and which techniques are unacceptable. It is also very important to determine if the techniques are carried out at all.
Research the techniques
It is necessary to conduct extensive research on your chosen techniques. If your chosen SEO technique is found to be harmful to the major search engines then your website will be banned for good. Conduct research on your chosen technique and make sure it is legal and does not exceed the allowed guidelines.
After determining what techniques you will be applying, it is important to plan your strategy. Decide on the keywords you want to target and the sites you want to target. This is the most important step of all. It is very hard to get higher rankings if you don’t know what you are doing and what sites you are going to.
When planning your strategy it is very important to plan for the possible consequences of your chosen strategy. The strategies are not all the same and one cannot simply take the method and apply it to all the sites. The chosen strategy will always be different depending on the site, websites targeting the chosen strategy and the outcome of the campaign. Your chosen strategy must be tailored to suit your needs and your budget.
Now let’s look at some simple steps to follow to start getting your chosen technique in place.
1. The first thing to do is to have a clear mission for your website. Do you want to target one keyword or several keywords? If you are targeting one keyword then the mission should be one word. If you are targeting several keywords then use the strategy of mini-campaigns. The Mini-campaigns will be a great help in getting a clear mission.
2. The mission is very essential because your mission helps your website get visibility on the search engines. If you do not have a clear mission then you will just be wasting your time, your energy and your money. If you are going to target one keyword then its best if you target the first one that is available.
3. Create a small business plan of the website you want to create. Take your keywords and create a list of keywords and link to them. Your website should be based on the keywords you have selected.
4. Make a list of the site names you want to target. This site name must comply with the guidelines of the major search engines. So if you want to target the sites with the name “Hotels” then make sure you target the site with the same name.
5. Start your first campaign. The first step is to get your site selected. You can try your luck in the directories or you can use the link exchange service. The link exchange service can help you contact many sites to exchange links.
6. You must get your links on the sites that are related to your keywords. For example, if you are going to target the keywords “Credit Repair” then you must include the credit repair site on your link exchange.
7. Write articles and submit it to the article directories. The article directories will allow you to submit your site name and link. You can use your mini-campaign to select the sites. The mini-campaign must have the keywords that are relevant to your mini-campaign.
8. Do a search and post service for your website and start a search and see posting campaign. The search and see posting campaign will help your site to get the recognition you want. The search and see posting campaign must have the sites that are related to your mini-campaign.
9. Write articles and submit them to the directories that are related to your keywords. The article directories will allow you to include your site name and link. This service is a great help in getting your site in the top lists of the article directories.
10. Do a search and link exchange service. The link exchange service can be used to do a mini link exchange. This is a great way to get your site recognized by different sites. The link exchange service must have the sites that are related to your mini-campaign.
All these mini-campaign is part of a strategy that you must follow in order to achieve top rankings for your site.