Don’t just submit your site to the search engines and walk away without reading this article! There is much more you can do to maximize your results. In this article, I will cover a few of the more common items you can use to do this.
1. Meta tags – Meta tags is a way you can add extra information to your webpage and give it a more structured look. Meta tags look something like this:
Title of your site: (name of your site)
I’ll be frank with you, the best way to work meta tags is to have some knowledge of HTML and the development of your webpage beforehand. So that you know what content you need and who it is for you. The best tool to do this is a good HTML editor such as notepad++ or be a stick. I will explain in a second.
2. Creating a sitemap – So you know how to edit your HTML pages and be able to add new HTML pages and update old pages, now let’s make a sitemap for your website. A sitemap is a file that shows the location of all pages on your website. This is important because Google has problems indexing your new HTML pages from existing HTML pages that are linked together. A sitemap also helps Google understand what your site is about and will rank higher for searches related to that theme. So use sitemaps to highlight important HTML pages and link them together.
If you already have a website or blog that you want to get ranked higher in Google you will want to follow a few steps to maximize results.
1. Make sure you write keyword-rich content and make sure you use your keywords in your title and description tags. Not only will your keyword make your site more likely to be picked up by Google for searches related to your keyword. It will also give readers a better experience and better recall for your content and the result will be more clicks and more traffic in your site.
2. If you want Google to understand what your site is about. You will want to make use of sitemaps.
3. Make sure you add a sitemap to your website and submit it to Google.
4. If you have blog entries then make sure you add a change map to your website and submit it to Google. The main benefit of a sitemap and change map is that they give Google an overview of what is on your site and you get a better rating.
Of course, this is no way to guarantees that you will get Google to put your site on top of the list of results for any search phrase. But you will be able to get Google to take notice of your site and to believe what you have to say more than once. And this will mean that you will be viewed and ranked more as an authority site in search.
5. Keep your site updated and do daily keyword research. Get your news and content regularly put on your site and you are more likely to get Google to put your site on top of the list of results every time someone searches for a keyword to your content.
6. Google likes blogs that are regularly updated. Submit your site to blogs that are periodically put on top of the list of results by Google for a specific keyword.
7. Post your content to Digg and Stumbleupon. Posting your site on these social bookmarking sites will give Google an overview of your site and you will get more clicks and more traffic in your site.
8. Google recommends that you also post your site on social networking sites in Twitter and Facebook. Posting your site on these social networking sites will also give Google an overview of your site and you will get more clicks and more traffic in your site.
9. Try to create and post unique content. Do not re-post your website on other people’s sites. This is considered spamming and this is a big problem for websites. The same applies to creating and posting links in forums. These sites are also considered spamming and are blacklisted by Google. This could mean that you could lose your search engine optimization or SE for short. So do not risk it. You have to build your own content.
10. Make and post a site map and subscribe to many forums to avoid the risk of your site being blacklisted.
11. Be patient and stick to all these instructions. Google likes to see people who are consistent and stick to instructions. So keep on going with these instructions and you will be able to get on top of the Google results.
12. Follow these 12 steps that you can apply to your website on your own. Do not try to hire someone who knows SE. So do it on your own. So it is advised that you do a little experiment to see what would happen if you applied these tips to your website.
13. Get backlinks. This can be either from the posts and topics that you create and post on forums or simply create backlinks from other websites that have content that is related to your site.
14. Try to provide unique and useful content for your visitors. The content that you provide for your visitors is essential to get more traffic on your site. The content that you provide for your visitors is also valuable for the Google bots to get more information for the SE that would get higher rankings of the pages in the search engine results.
15. Be patient, be persistent and be patient. There are many steps that you need to follow. This list is very long and you need to take the most time to apply all of these guidelines to improve your website rankings in the SERPs. It will take the time that you would prefer to see your visitors on your site.